Saturday 16 February 2013

Friday Favourites! #1

Today I'm launching "Friday Favourites", the first series on my blog! It's a look back on the week and a small way to document 2013 and hopefully beyond.  A shoddy January set me back on my blogging ways, but I think I'm going to be back on track now. *fingers crossed*

So while it's called 'Friday Favourites', it won't be going up on Fridays and it's not just favourites! The title is inspired (or stolen) from TheMakupChair on Youtube (she won't mind right?!), because I love the alliteration and the excitement that 'Favourites' anything posts gives me (wildchild me).  I use the term "Friday" loosely as I'm most likely to post on a Saturday.  I work weird hours so I consider Sun and Monday as my weekend so Saturday is the real end of the week for me. The questions may alter week to week but here we go for week 1!


Favourite Beauty Product
I would go with Nars Sheer Glow this week, though admittedly I still haven't decided on a shade! I have 3 samples in my stash right now and I'm finding that Santa Fe is a bit orange, Deauville is a touch too light and Fiji is a touch too dark. I'm considering getting a sample in Ceylan but it seems a bit overkill to have four samples. I just like to look like one person (ie. head and body/chest match) so bleurghh! Otherwise I love the finish of this foundation, glowy but still natural and while it's a medium coverage it can be sheered out. It also interestingly rates very well on cosdna.com :D

Favourite Song/Album
Been feelin' Abbey Road this week, freaking champ of an album. I'm gonna dig through some more Beatles albums and get me some education. I love that they went wild with the instrumentation and arrangements, but the songs, the melodies and lyrics are solid.  Also have loved 'Heart of Gold' by Neil Young, since I had to learn it for our first Classic Albums gig night at the music venue I work at. I don't know much about NY but damn, he has fine lyrics and this song is just killer.

Favourite Miscellaneous Find/Item
I found this little cutie at Target in a clearance for $3.88 so I had to take it home with me. It's a coffee cannister, but of course I'm storing makeup in it. Not the most practical storage unit but I can't help it, I like my beauty area more pretty than functional :P

Favourite Blog/YoutubeChannel
Just discovered ChelseaWears on youtube. Okay I didn't just discover her, she grew on me. I saw her ages ago and thought she talked too much but now I get it, she da bomb now. She has the same love for British youtubers like me (what is it with them! So damn chic and put together!) and has a hilarious potty mouth. 

Book I'm Reading
I'm still straggling through A Clash of Kings in the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series. I don't know why, but it is an amazing story though and I am determined to finish it.  The TV series doesn't help since I know what's going to happen, so I'm excited to get ahead of it (though the 3rd series is going to air soon..!)

Memorable Moment
I hardly want to say that this is a memorable moment, but this has been a big week for my huge Vietnamese family. My uncle passed a week ago. It's been a really sad and hard to believe. I didn't know him very well, but he was a good soul with a cool central Viet accent that reminds me of my mum's side of the family (he was my dad's brother in law). He passed so quickly it was so unfair on his family, no one saw it coming.  I hate that, he wasn't meant to go yet. Though I am glad he got to become a grandparent at least once before he went.  Rest in peace, Chu Chinh.

I'm sorry to end the first post in this series on a slightly sad note. I was supposed to start this a week ago but it wasn't the place. I wanted to now because I wanted to say something about my uncle, he was a good man.

Please feel free to answer these questions yourself in the comments section or in your own blog (link me!). While it has had a sad ending I really enjoyed writing it, or at least the first half :)

x mai-anne

3 comments:

  1. I like my NARS sheer glow, but sometimes it breaks me out! I love my Dior Hydra Life bb cream so much more. I just did a thorough review on it so if you;re interested check it out xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! I'll check out your review, dior is so expensive though I'm afraid to like it! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great and lovely post:}X

    definitely agree with some good old music-Beatles;}x

    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All scribbles are welcome :)