Saturday 9 March 2013

Friday Favourites #4: Let Go

Balance Me Super Moisturising Hand Cream

Beauty.
I didn't like this at first, but now I find myself excited to use it come bedtime. This is a very thick hand cream but it is not greasy and very moisturising. Its texture means that I use it only before I hop into bed but I know it'll save my hands.  I didn't like it at first because of the smell, but it is very slight and I don't feel like I smell it anymore. This was a sample from a Balance Me kit, and the retail is 14.50 pounds which is way more than I have ever spent on a hand cream but I just might this time (cue Game of Thrones - winter is coming).

Music.
Alicia Keys - How it Feels to Fly. Was having a tiny peruse of the shops today after work and this song came on. Don't you just love those moments when a song comes on and it just describes how you feel/who you are in that moment.  This song was never a favourite before, but I think it just became one :) 
If I could touch the sky, I'd risk the fall. Just to know how it feels to fly.



Misc Item.
I had a crap week last week and I picked up this candle on the weekend. The name won me, 'silver rain'. The description and image of something unpleasant made beautiful lit up my crappy mood. The smell is very slight but that's the way I like it. I might pick up a few more of these since it reminds me to stay positive when it isn't around me.

Lesson.
The biggest lesson I needed to learn, and for awhile now was, let go. I had been having awful and vivid dreams for awhile and it made me realise that while I thought I was fine, I was holding onto something that was impacting on me negatively.  I won't go into the details (and bore you) but I had that moment where I realised I just had to let it go. And that I could. I let go of what it was, how wronged I was, any notions of redemption and when I did, I was freed.  No more expectations of people who aren't worth it and feel okay to be open and hopeful to those who are and now, one day be. :)

Hope you've had a lovely week with an awesome one on the cards.

x mai-anne

2 comments:

  1. I like how your favourites go beyond just beauty :) Sorry you had a crappy week though...hope this next one is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Caitie :) Hope you do to too! :)

    ReplyDelete

All scribbles are welcome :)