Thursday 11 July 2013

My Favourite People: Green People (Review)














Ever since I tried a sample of their Vitamin Fix 24 Hour CreamGreen People have been on my radar. I finished that bottle awhile ago now and it's still my favourite day cream to date. Since then, I've gone on to try some of their other products and have been quite impressed by this affordable, green and often fair-trade brand.


While I'm not one for physical exfoliants, the Fruit Scrub Exfoliator has been a handy addition to the shower for days I don't have time to throw an AHA mask on. It feels like a cream but with tiny beads so it spreads over the skin easily whilst providing a good scrub. The beads are big enough so that you can feel the scrub so its best if you use it on a weekly basis - definitely not for daily use.  It has a lovely citrus smell about it and it's one of the things that I love about GP, the products don't smell weird, biiig thumbs up!

The Hydrating Firming Serum is a nice product, providing a good boost of moisture to my daily skin needs though it isn't one of their star products. It reminds me of the Now Foods Hyaluronic Acid Serum as they both have a clear, gel texture but the GP version is a bit thicker and has a bit more of a moisture kick to it. I've been using this in the mornings as I have dry skin, but I can imagine this working better for those with oilier skin types but are looking for moisture, especially at night.

After loving the cream version in this line, I decided to go for the Vitamin Mask in hopes for a similar but richer result. While it doesn't quite match the wowness of its daily sister or turn out to be what I thought it would be, I found a cool new use for it, *grins*. I've been enjoying using this when I'm at home all day and don't feel like whacking on my entire skincare routine. Yes, that's right, I keep in on my skin all day and no, my face doesn't crinkle like skin-soaked-too-long-in-water ;) It's thick enough to keep me feeling hydrated but not so dense that I feel like washing it off after a few minutes. Lazy girl's new best friend hey?

I've saved the best for the last and its the sunscreen. Yep, this blog post will reach it's peak with an SPF, and the crowd goes wild. The Sun Lotion SPF 25 has the most ticks I've ever found in an SPF to its name: good ingredients, no greasy feeling or look and no weird sunscreen smell, win!  It's lack of greasiness also means it sits rather well under makeup, almost feeling like a primer. The slight downside is that it is quick thick and while I don't mind it, its texture may put others with oilier skins off. I won't go into nano particles and what not because quite frankly, I don't get it, but from what I've gathered GP have really done their homework with their formula. Have a read here and google for more info, I've found some more good links but this might be a good place to start (!?).

After what I consider quite a good run, I'm really curious to try more of their products. They're simple and affordable, and reliable. Have you tried any of their products before?

x mai-anne

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All scribbles are welcome :)